Types of sentences and punctuation: tips for pupils
Punctuation skills are intellectual actions expressed in determining the area of the indication as well as its choice, whenever composing a text, for the reason of its structural and semantic division.
Punctuation skills include:
- – the capability to get communicative units and denote their boundaries making use of punctuation, provided the goal environment and emotional color of statements;
- – the ability to get structural and semantic portions that require allocation punctuation that is using;
- – the capability to put punctuation markings according to the rules that are learned
- – the ability to substantiate choices for establishing punctuation markings;
- – the capability to locate a punctuation space and justify the environment and collection associated with necessary punctuation mark;
- – the ability to comment on the punctuation regarding the proposal and text;
- – the ability to get, explain punctuation mistakes and correct them.